( )1. —Dad, I got hired as a bus driver.
—Congratulations! Make yourself ______ so that the company won't want to lose you.
A. fashionable B. valuable
C. changeable D. possible
( )2. Sam is ______ about his speech because he thinks he is well prepared.
A. honest B. confident
C. modest D. curious
( )3. —In Chinese culture, children born in the Year of the Monkey are said to be smart.
—Yes. They are always full of energy, so I think they are also ______.
A. honest B. generous
C. lively D. modest
( )4. —Are you free tonight?
—Sorry, but I’m not ______. I've got so much homework to do.
A. busy B. comfortable C. available
( )5. The talent show is ______ the game show. I like both.
A. as boring as
B. not so bored as
C. as interesting as
D. not so interested as
(1)时间副词：表示时间的有now, then, today, yesterday, tomorrow, before, ago, soon, immediately, late, early, finally, recently, already, yet等；表示频度的有always, often, usually, sometimes, seldom, never, hardly ever等。
(2)地点副词： here, there, somewhere, anywhere, everywhere, outdoors, indoors, down, up, upstairs, downstairs, above, abroad, nearby, away, off, home等。
(3)方式副词： carefully, easily, loudly, quickly, quietly等。
(4)程度副词：badly, completely, enough, far, hardly, heavily, exactly, much, nearly, rather, so, too, quite, very等。
(1) 句子副词：luckily, actually, traditionally等，通常修饰整个句子。
(2) 连接副词：besides, however等，在句子和分句之间起连接作用。
(3) 疑问副词：how, where, when, why, how long, how soon, how often, how far等，用来引导特殊疑问句。
(4) 缩合连接副词(关联词)：how, where, when, why等，可用来连接宾语从句。
(5) 关系副词：when, where, why等，用来引导定语从句。
( )1. —Has your sister finished reading ______?
—Yes. She has ______ finished it.
A. yet; yet B. yet; already C. already; yet
( )2. —Do you know the famous basketball player Kobe has said goodbye to the NBA?
—Yes. I'm afraid I will ______ see him on screen.
A. sometimes B. often
C. always D. seldom
( )3. It is a world of flowers in spring in Dongying. You can see flowers ______.
A. here B. there
C. somewhere D. everywhere
( )4. The train travelled ______ fast for us to see much outside the window.
A. quite B. very
C. too D. so
( )5. —Mom, can I do ______ much work in ______ a short time?
—Dear, I think you can.
A. so; so B. such; so
C. so; such D. such; such
1. 形容词在句中主要用作定语、表语、宾语补足语(常与make, leave, keep等连用)。
2. 系动词(如taste, feel, sound, look, smell)后多跟形容词作表语。
4. 副词修饰形容词或副词时，常放在被修饰词之前。注意：enough 修饰形容词或副词时，要放在被修饰词之后。
( )1. When you feel helpless and ______, just remember you are not ______ in the world because your friends are around you.
A. alone; alone B. alone; lonely C. lonely; alone
( )2. The coach thinks ______ of Mary's sports talents, for she jumped very ______ at the sports meeting.
A. high; high B. highly; highly
C. high; highly D. highly; high
( )3. Although he listened to the old man ______, he could ______ understand his words.
A. patiently; hardly B. patient; hard
C. patiently; hard D. patient; hardly
( )4. The soup tastes ______ because it's too salty. I put salt into it too ______ in a hurry.
A. terribly; carefully B. terrible; carefully
C. terrible; carelessly D. terribly; carelessly
( )5. Look out ! The food on the plate smells ______. You can't eat it.
A. badly B. bad C. good
用于同级比较结构as … as 及其否定形式not as / so … as中。
1. 表示两者(人或事物)的比较，常用“形容词 / 副词的比较级+ than”结构，than 后可以跟比较状语从句，也可以跟名词、代词等，如果为人称代词时，主格、宾格均可使用。
2. 可用来修饰比较级的词语有much, far, even, a little, a bit, a lot等。
3. "(单音节词或部分双音节词)比较级+ and + (单音节词或部分双音节词)比较级"这一结构表示“越来越……”；当部分双音节词或多音节词表示这一意义时，应用“more and more + 形容词 / 副词的原级”结构。
4. "the +比较级( +其他), the +比较级(+其他)"结构表示“越……越……”。
5. “比较级+ than any other+名词的单数形式”和“比较级+ than the other+名词的复数形式”表示最高级含义。
6. 当比较范围为短语of the two时，比较级前要加the。
7. not, never之类的否定词与比较级连用，表示最高级含义，意为“再没有比……更……的了”。
1. 表示三者或三者以上(人或事物)的比较，其中有一个在某一方面超过其他几个，句中可用of / in /among 短语或定语从句等来说明比较的范围。
3. 形容词的最高级前可用second, third 等序数词修饰。
4. 形容词的最高级常用于“one of + the +形容词的最高级+名词的复数形式”结构中，表示“最……之一”。
( )1. Though Betty and Lily are twins, Betty isn't so ______ as Lily.
A. more outgoing B. most outgoing C. outgoing
( )2. No mountain in the world is as ______ as Qomolangma.
A. high B. higher C. highest
( )3. He is a little ______ than you, but he is as ______ as you.
A. thin; stronger B. thinner; stronger
C. thinner; strong D. thin; strong
( )4. I hope my school life of senior high will be ______ than that of junior high.
A. more exciting B. very exciting
C. as exciting as D. the most exciting
( )5. —This apple watch is expensive. Do you have any ______ ones?
—Yes, Madam. Look, this one is ￥4188, and that one costs only￥2588.
A. cheap B. cheaper
C. cheapest D. the cheapest