在英语里，bark 做为动词是狗叫的意思。短语 barking mad 是形容某人完全疯了的状态，同时也能形容某个不理智或疯狂的决定。
- I went out wearing sandals even though it was raining. Everyone was looking at me as if I were barking mad.
- My neighbour is barking mad. I always hear him talking to himself!
- The company‘s decision to open a new branch is barking mad. They don‘t have enough money.
值得注意的是，在英语里，有很多用来形容某人疯了或做出另类举动的词汇和短语。比如：crazy, mad, insane, go bananas, batty 还有 out of one’s mind。
- Why didn‘t you call me to tell me you were OK? Are you out of your mind?
- I can’t remember whether I locked the door this morning. I think I‘m going bananas!
- My brother is crazy. He gets up every morning at 5 a.m. to go to the gym.