英语卡住?说这些沉着应对!

有时候话讲到一半就突然卡住了,可能是你忘了接下去要说啥,也有可能你一下子找不着词了,本文就来教你如何沉着应对“卡住”的时刻,教你如何“解卡”。

  • conversational fillers: 对话中的“填充物”

1. What’s the word I’m looking for?



  • What’s the word/phrase/expression I’m looking for?:  什么词、说法能最贴切地表达我的意思?
  • “What am I trying to say?” might make you sound clueless: “What am I trying to say?”让人感觉你自己也不知道自己在说什么
  • What‘s the word I‘m looking for? Don’t remind me/Don’t tell me: 我想说什么来着?别提醒我

It shows that you really care: 说这句话表明你很认真的在思考

When you use this phrase, you‘re also not expecting an answer, but asking yourself instead: 说这句话通常不是真的在提问, 而是在给自己时间过渡

2. How should I put it?

  • How should I put it?: 怎么表达最恰当?

This phrase shows that you’re looking for the best expression: 这句话让人感觉你是在寻找最恰当的表达方式

It also gives a heads-up that you’re about to say something that might be a bit tricky to explain: 同时也提醒对方,你接下来要讲的内容是比较复杂的

3. It’s on the tip of my tongue

  • It’s on the tip of my tongue: 我想说的就在嘴边

tip of my tongue:舌头边

“The tip of my tongue” is such a great image, as if the word is hiding on the tip of your tongue and it wants to he heard: “The tip of my tongue”特别形象,好像词真的就在你舌尖,马上就要蹦出来一样

4. I just had it

如果前一秒还记得,但突然忘了要说的,可以说:

  • I just had it: 我刚才还记得的

可以用“I forgot”吗?

“I forgot” is in the same category as “What am I trying to say?”: “I forgot”跟“What am I trying to say?”一样,都不是最佳的填充对话空白的方式

It make you sound lazy and uninterested: 因为这个说法让你显得心不在焉

It shows that you’re not actively engaging in the conversation: 给人你不是很想聊天的感觉

5. It’s just not coming to me

如果你想了半天还是想不起来要说的,可以说:

  • It’s just not coming to me: 这个词就是怎么都想不起来啊

This is a very good alternative of “I forgot”: 这个听起来比“I forgot”好多了

也可以说:

  • It slipped my mind: 我疏忽了、忘了

If something slipped your mind, you most likely forgot about it or forgot to do it: 这个词组表示把某件事给忘了,并不是说脑子卡壳一下子想不起来

“It’s Father’s Day? It completely slipped my mind”: 今天是父亲节? 我彻底给忘了

6. I‘m having a senior moment

年纪大了,有些健忘:

  • I’m having a senior moment: 年纪大了记性不好了 (年轻人忘事了也可以开玩笑这么说)

Senior: 年长者、老年人

7. Just give me a sec

如果需要时间组织语言,直说也可以:

  • Just give me a second: 容我想一想

本集总结:

  • Don’t stick to a single filler: 这些“解卡”的表达不要老用同一个
  • Just imagine how you would feel if a foreigner kept saying “那个” to you as he searched for the right word: 可以想象一下,如果一个外国人一下子卡词了,然后一直不停地说“那个”,是什么感觉
  • Use the expressions we’ve taught you today alternately: 今天教的这些表达交换着使用
© 版权声明
THE END
喜欢就支持一下吧
点赞0
分享